Thursday, March 8, 2007

unforgettable 2006

2006 will definitely go down history as one of the most memorable years of my life, all because of one very unforgettable experience. meeting marat safin was a super dream come true for me. twice i've attempted to see him play, and fortunately, i got lucky the second time. i went to bangkok in 2005 hoping that i'd see him in the thailand open. he got injured in july, and never got to play for the rest of the year (thailand open is held every last week of september).

last year, despite coup, i packed my bag and headed to bangkok. i brought with me enough courage to fight fear of getting killed and super high hopes that i would finally meet my favorite tennis player.

i finally did. not just once, but twice. thanks to my newfound friends evelyn and her husband jimmy (who took the picture) and our thai friend kae. thanks guys. i really appreciate your kindness. indeed, dreams can come true if you really make it happen. [with me in the picture are kae (in purple) and evelyn (in white). miss you ladies.]

No comments: