Tuesday, March 13, 2007

my love affair with marat safin

he's one hell of a guy. he's brilliant, funny, sexy, and handsome. he is marat safin. i first heard of his name seven years ago when he successfully demolished the great Pete Sampras in the 2000 US Open. he was 20 then. very young, very promising. it was unfortunate that i wasn't able to follow his career at that time.

the next time i heard of him, i never turned my back on him. i took him seriously and officially became a marat safin fanatic. i would watch every single game i can catch, even if it means waking up 3 in the morning.


they call him bad boy of tennis because of his volatile temper. i don't mind. without his signature racket-smashing acts, talk-to-my-frustrated-self episodes, hit-my-legs-with-a-racket moves, strip-my-pants-off and kiss-the-umpire performances, tennis would never be as exciting and fun as it is now.


marat is marat. he is exactly the way he is. nothing more and nothing less. meeting him made me love and appreciate him more. i guess, i will be forever a marat fanatic. i just love this guy.

No comments: